Truck Accident FAQ
A truck accident can leave you with life-altering injuries that affect you and your family for years to come. Our truck accident lawyers are here to help you get the financial compensation you need to move forward.
For a free consultation, please call Templeton Smithee Hayes Heinrich & Russell, LLP, at (806) 547-2022 or complete our contact form. Our firm is located in Amarillo, and our attorneys represent clients throughout the Texas Panhandle and Eastern New Mexico.
Why Are Trucking Accidents More Complicated Than Other Types Of Accidents?
Compared to other types of crashes, truck accidents tend to be more complicated for several reasons:
- The trucking industry is heavily regulated, so additional federal regulations need to be considered when determining liability in a trucking accident.
- Due to their size and weight, trucks tend to cause much more damage than smaller vehicles like cars and pickup trucks.
- Most trucking companies carry high-value insurance policies, so there is much at stake for the trucking company and the insurance company when a truck accident happens. That means there is a greater likelihood of dispute over who is responsible for the crash.
Who Is Liable For A Trucking Accident?
Multiple parties may be liable for a truck accident. Those parties include the truck driver, the trucking company, the party responsible for maintaining the truck, the manufacturer of any defective truck parts, and the party responsible for loading the truck. Our attorneys have extensive experience in truck accident investigations, and we know where to look to determine liability.
What Types Of Damages May Be Available Through A Truck Accident Claim?
Depending on the facts of the case and the needs of the victim, a successful truck accident claim can lead to financial compensation for a variety of costs. Those costs include:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Ongoing medical care and rehabilitation
- Lost income due to the truck accident and its aftermath
- Lost earning capacity (if you are unable to do the job you did before the accident)
- The financial impact on your family
- Any in-home or vehicle accommodations that may be necessary after a serious injury
- Property damage
Should I Accept The Insurance Company’s Initial Settlement Offer?
No — not before you speak with a personal injury attorney at our firm. Trucking companies and their insurers are notorious for presenting “lowball” settlement offers to injury victims. A lowball offer is not likely to cover the full cost of a serious injury, and you should always consult with a personal injury lawyer before accepting an insurance company’s initial settlement offer. An attorney at our firm can help you pursue the maximum available compensation for what you have endured.
Why Do I Need A Truck Accident Lawyer?
You can be sure that the trucking company and insurance company will have their own legal teams. Their job is to minimize or deny financial compensation to injury victims. It is only fair that you have a skilled legal team on your side to fight for the maximum available compensation for your injuries. If you have questions about your specific situation, we encourage you to contact our truck accident attorneys as soon as possible. Our attorneys have extensive experience in truck accident cases. The sooner we can get involved in your case, the sooner we can start fighting for you.
Contact Us In Amarillo
Please call Templeton Smithee Hayes Heinrich & Russell, LLP, in Amarillo at (806) 547-2022, or complete our contact form. We offer a free initial consultation, and our attorneys represent clients throughout the Texas Panhandle and Eastern New Mexico.