Leading Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are unlike passenger car accidents in the sense that they tend to be far more severe. Trucks’ sheer size and weight make them much more dangerous to collide with than passenger vehicles.
Read on to learn about the leading causes of truck accidents.
Truck Accident Causes
There are many reasons why trucking accidents happen. Some of the most common causes are associated with mistakes that passenger vehicles make when they are around big rigs. Some of the typical hazardous behaviors executed by passenger car drivers when they’re around large trucks that frequently prompt truck accidents are as follows:
- Driving within trucks’ “No-Zones.” These are the areas ahead of, behind, and beside commercial trucks where the trucker is unable to see other vehicles.
- Switching lanes in front of a truck with little to no warning.
- Approaching a truck on the right while it is making a right turn.
- Incorrectly judging an oncoming truck’s speed at an intersection, and turning left in front of the truck.
- Incorrectly merging into traffic, which prompts a truck to move over or brake suddenly.
- Neglecting to slow down or speed up when a truck changes lanes or merges.
- Hazardous passing, especially passing with inadequate space to do so.
- Changing lanes to go ahead of a truck, then getting blown out of place due to air turbulence or cross-wind.
- Entering driving lanes from the roadside ahead of a truck without effectively speeding up.
- Driving in between big rigs.
- Deserting a vehicle in a driving lane, or neglecting to move a disabled vehicle entirely off the roadway and onto the shoulder.
We Can Help You
If you’ve been involved in an accident with a large truck or any other vehicle, our attorneys at Templeton Smithee Hayes Heinrich & Russell can help. Our team is highly experienced in these types of cases and have helped many others just like you obtain the justice they deserve. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm with your case right away.
Call Templeton Smithee Hayes Heinrich & Russell today at (806) 397-0300. We represent clients in the Texas panhandle and Eastern New Mexico.